We pride ourselves on the quality of our finished product and we aim to ensure that all of our clients are completely satisfied throughout the installation process from quotation to completion. Whether it’s a leaking flat roof, total replacement or simply some advice on which roof or guttering system to use, we are here to help. We offer free impartial advice. Our pricing policy is extremely competitive and we will provide you with a free no obligation quote. All our flat roofers quotations are fixed. There will be no hidden extras, so costs will not alter.
There are many flat roofing companies out there, with so much choice it’s important to have confidence in the people that are carrying out the work. This is why we greatly welcome questions and comments from those who may be considering our roofing services. We have many references that can be provided, and we also enjoy showing customers the work that we have completed.
Creating a new roof on an existing house involves:
- Putting up scaffolding to eaves level
- Removing old tiles including ridge tiles and hip tiles along with mortar from ridges / verges. Dispose of or sell any tiles that can be reclaimed (unless you intend to reuse on new roof)
- Removing old wooden battens and disposing of in skip (if untreated timber then it can also be used as kindling wood for a wood burning stove)
- Remove any lead from valleys (there is scrap value in old lead)
- Removing old roof felt or torching and dispose of in skip
- Checking wooden rafters and joists are sound. Replace any that are rotten. Remove /hammer down all protruding nails
- Add new breathable membrane
- Add new pressure treated wooden battens at correct spacing
- Put on new tiles or slates or re-use old ones. Clay tiles will be hung on nibs. Slates will be nailed to battens
- Add roof ventilators if required for bathroom extractor fan
- Create new valleys (joins between roofs) with new code 4 lead or GRP
- Bed down any ridge tiles with mortar and bed down tiles on verges
- Add thermal insulation between rafters if cold roof (or lay insulation on floor of loft if cold roof)
- Remove scaffolding and leave site in tidy condition
- Remove skip
With most existing flat roofs, repairing ripped felt and dealing with leaks is inevitable. Traditional flat roofs aren’t really designed to last, but thanks to new technology improving roofing solutions FLAT ROOFS can install a new great looking roofing system guaranteed to last at least 25 years plus.
WE COVER THE WHOLE OF SOUTH EAST INCLUDING SURREY, LONDON, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, etc. We also specialise in fibre glass roofing to create a continuous waterproof surface that won’t rip or leak and also has no joints or welds for water to seep through.
FLAT ROOFS are maintenance free so you won’t need to spend any more time or money worrying about repairs or upkeep. Our flat roofs are simply built to last and are also available in a nice range of colours and finishes to compliment your home.